Results from a study that was made for VON Iceland reveals that dried seafood snack produced by Von Iceland is rich in B12 Vitamins.
100g of dried seafood snacks from Von Iceland contains 6.07 μg of Vitamin B12, which is 243% of the nutritional reference value.
Vitamin B12 can have a very positive effect on people's lives for example; A good source of energy, improves memory and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
B12 Vitamin positive effects:
- Helps to form red blood cells and reduces anemia
- Vitamin B12 promotes a healthy pregnancy and can reduce the risk of birth defects
- May prevent osteoporosis
- May reduce age-related macular degeneration
- Has a positive effect on mood. Reduces the risk of depression
- Reduces memory loss
- A good energy source
- Promotes healthy hair, skin and nails
Few facts about Icelandic dried seafood snacks (Hardfiskur)
- 200g of dried seafood snack equals 1kg of fresh fish fillets and all the nutrition are preserved.
- Rich of Vitamins and Minerals
- Gluten Free
- Low in Fat
- Clean natural product without any additives.
- Healthy and convenient snack
- Produced from high quality Icelandic raw material
- Environmentally friendly production
- 84% Protein
Comparison of Protein Rich Foods
It is interesting to compare different kinds of high-protein foods and to see in particular how much protein they contain.
The picture below shows very clearly how much protein dried fish contains compared to other food products.