There's every chance that the best hot dog in the world is in Iceland, if you just can't make it over the seas, you can always try to make them at home...(Victoria Haschka)
The local hot dogs have been embraced by fans as diverse as former US President Mr. Bill Clinton and the foursome fearsome metalgods of Metallica, each documented as absolutely loving them!
Cooking Tips for Icelandic Hot Dogs
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and turn off the heat. You only need enough water in the pan to immerse the sausages so they float in the pan;
2. Add the hot dogs to the pan and make sure all the juice from the packet is included;
3. Wait for 2-4 minutes. The hot dogs are now ready;
4. The buns are best heated with hot steam;
5. Serve the hot dogs with raw onion(fine cut), fried onion, apple Ketchup (as seen here at nammi.is), mustard and remulaði placed on top of the sausage.